Welcome to CAAR’s Farmed and Dangerous blog. This is a space for learning, discussing, connecting and making a difference!
Published by the Coastal Alliance for Aquaculture Reform (CAAR), Vancouver, British Columbia Canada. All rights reserved. All references in this disclaimer to ‘CAAR” should be read to include references to its member organizations:
Living Oceans Society
David Suzuki Foundation
Georgia Strait Alliance
T. Buck Suzuki Environmental Foundation
Watershed Watch Salmon Society
All the contents of the Blog, except for comments, constitute the opinion of the authors, and the authors alone; they do not represent the views and opinions of the authors’ employers, supervisors, nor do they represent the view of organizations, businesses or institutions the authors are a part of. The content of this Blog is not intended to cause harm to any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual, but if you have any concerns about the contents of this Blog, please contact the editor. Disagreeing with the content of the Blog does not constitute sufficient grounds for you to ask the author to remove or modify any parts of this Blog.
Neither CARR nor the author is responsible for the content of any comments made by the commenter(s), or for knowing whether the content of your comment is breaking the law in other countries or jurisdictions. This Blog is a venue for discussion; therefore, the author will not delete critical comments, or comments portraying a different opinion from the author’s own. However, CAAR reserves the right to edit, delete, or not publish a comment if this is deemed to be potentially illegal (this includes, but it is not limited to comments containing hateful, libelous, and defamatory content). All comments on this Blog have to be written in English. Comments intending to advertise and/or off-topic (”SPAM“) will be deleted. CAAR also reserves the right to block commenter(s) who have previously published offensive comments, illegal content, or SPAM.
CAAR is not responsible for translation or interpretation of content or for bad grammar and punctuation. This website contains links to external sites. CAAR is not responsible for, and has no control over, the content of such sites.
Every effort is taken to ensure that the information covered on the Farmed and Dangerous Blog is correct when posted and is regularly reviewed, but we do not warrant its accuracy and may alter such information at any time. As content, sources, information and links change over time, CAAR reserves the right to delete, amend or update postings as new information becomes available.
In addition, CAAR does not guarantee that the Blog will be accessible at all times or during any down time (i) caused by outages to any public internet backbones, networks or servers, (ii) caused by any failures of your equipment, systems or local access services, (iii) for previously scheduled maintenance or (iv) relating to events beyond the author’s control such as strikes, riots, fires, floods, explosions, war, terrorism, governmental action, labor conditions, natural and/or man-made disasters, or interruptions in Internet services to an area where the author or your servers are located. Although CAAR will try to moderate comments quickly, it makes no guarantee to the commenter that its comments or trackbacks will be displayed promptly, without modifications, or that they will be displayed at all, as all comments will be published at the discretion of the author.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold CAAR, the author, their agents, and applicable third parties (collectively “Indemnified Person(s)“) harmless from and against any and all third party claims, liability, loss, and expense (including damage awards, settlement amounts, and reasonable legal fees, brought against any Indemnified Person(s), arising out of, related to or which may arise from your use of the Blog and/or your breach of any term of this agreement. In Québec, this will include judicial and extra-judicial costs and fees; elsewhere in Canada, legal fees on a solicitor and its own client basis.
No part of this Blog may be reproduced or transmitted by any means, electronic, mechanical, (including photocopying), recording or by any information storage and retrieval system, without prior permission from the copyright owner.
You are allowed to repost or republish an excerpt from the Farmed and Dangerous Blog post or page provided that the following terms are met:
- Attribution: Credit the source as the Farmed and Dangerous blog.
- Link Back: Provide a hyperlink back to Farmed and Dangerous Blog post or page from which the excerpt was taken. The link should point to the URL (Permalink) of the specific post, not to the Farmed and Dangerous Blog home page.
- Limited Republishing: You may not republish the Blog post in its entirety without first obtaining permission (send us a request by email or post a comment).
- Non-commercial Use: You may not use Farmed and Dangerous Blog content or sell Farmed and Dangerous Blog content for commercial purposes.
- Photographs: All photographs and other images posted on the Farmed and Dangerous Blog that are not expressly credited to another source are the property of the Farmed and Dangerous Blog and the originating author and/or guest contributor.
- Photographs or images belonging to the Farmed and Dangerous Blog and its guest contributors may be displayed on non-commercial, educational, or personal websites as long as the appropriate attribution and link-back requirements are followed (see above). Photographs or images should never be linked directly from the Farmed and Dangerous Blog, but should be copied and uploaded to your own web server space. Please use your bandwidth.
- Commercial for-profit enterprises may purchase a license to use imagery from this site for a reasonable fee. High-resolution versions of all photographs found on this site may be available. Please email us with your request.
- Corrections: To report an error or an inaccurately attributed image on the Farmed and Dangerous Blog, please send us an email to let us know and we’ll correct it.
You agree not to use this Blog to post any material that is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invasive of the privacy of others, sexually explicit, or illegal. You also agree that you will not post any copyrighted material that is not owned by you or CAAR.
Conflicting opinions are expected to be expressed, and dynamic exchanges are encouraged; however, as noted above, insults and personal attacks are not permitted and will not be tolerated.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless CAAR, the authors and their agents with respect to any claim based upon any post you may submit. CAAR reserves the right to reveal any information we have about you in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message that you may post.
Changes to the Terms
CAAR reserves the right to change the blog content disclaimer at any time. You will only be notified by the Blog through posts or syndicated content (RSS), NOT IN PERSON. It is your responsibility to make sure that you agree with the new terms, whenever changes have been announced. Changes to the terms will be effective 48 hours after the notice has been posted on the Blog. If you do not agree with the Terms, CAAR highly suggests DO NOT USE THIS BLOG.
Blog Disclaimer with language from – http://gdisauro.com/2008/05/writing-blog-disclaimer-2